All drawings will include a subtle watermark (my signature) that you’re not allowed to remove, crop out, or cover up.
Please ask me about anything you might be unsure of prior to me invoicing you. For example, I cannot take responsibility for you paying for a regular sketch but expecting a colored one. If you are unsure of the differences between my render types, ask me about them beforehand.
I reserve the right to stream/record the drawing process and post it on my social media and/or YouTube.
You must provide visual references for the character you want me to draw. I will not draw off textual descriptions alone unless you are commissioning me to design a character with/for you from scratch, for which an additional fee will incur.
For the most accurate coloration, I recommend you send me base colors in image form (an unshaded reference will also do) or a list of hex codes along with short descriptions of where those colors should be used so that I may copy them exactly using the eyedropper tool. I cannot be held responsible for offsets in coloration if you do not give me the exact colors to eyedrop or hex codes I can input.
Prices are subject to change based on demand and my improvement as an artist.
I have the right to reject any commission that I don’t feel comfortable with for any reason.
The terms stated on auctions and/or the Auctions page may override terms on this page.
Please check my Commissions page for whether or not I am currently open for commissions or not. However, even if I am, this does not mean that I will be able to start working on yours right away.
If I agree to your commission, I will give you a rough estimate of when I will be able to start working on it at the latest.
The time it takes me to finish a commission varies from two weeks up to a month once I start working on it.
While my commission work is not first-come-first-serve, I will provide you with a deadline by which I will have finished your commission after the sketch is approved or immediately upon ordering if you just ordered a sketch or colored sketch.
The only accepted currency is USD.
I use a payment processor called Payoneer, which allows you to safely pay for your commission with your debit or credit card.
After approving the sketch, the commission must be paid in full before I continue working on it. However, for sketch and colored-sketch commissions, the full payment must be made upfront.
Don’t send me any payments before I have sent you the invoice.
Process and Delivery
Once I have received your order, I will get back to you with an estimate of the final price and/or any questions I might have. If I must refuse your commission for any reason at all, I will let you know that, too.
I will notify you when I have started working on your commission via email.
If you have ordered a render type that goes beyond the sketch or colored-sketch stage, I will send the sketch to you for approval before moving onto the other rendering stages.
You can keep track of my commission progress on my Trello board. Please mind that it is not a queue and does not imply the order in which I will work on the commissions.
If anything comes up that will slow my progress, I will let you know ASAP.
Once your commission is finished, you will receive the full-resolution image file(s) with my signature.
A variable fee will be required to be paid before continuation if:
- you want to change something that you have previously asked for but then decided you did not want it anymore after the work (up until that point) has already been done, including the sketch stage;
- you want to change something on the illustration you have previously approved of;
- or your reference(s) and/or instructions were unclear from the start about the aspect(s) you want to be changed.
I, capridevious (the artist), claim the rights to the produced drawing, not the buyer. Thus, I am allowed to use the copyrighted artwork to:
- promote myself and my services with it;
- publish books with it included (artbooks, etc.);
- post and display it anywhere (website, social media, etc.).
The buyer (i.e., the commissioner) is allowed to:
- use the commissioned piece for personal use unless agreed upon otherwise, such as uploading it to your social media profiles, forums, etc. with proper credit/tagging (@capridevious);
- print the artwork and claim the character(s) as their own, but not the artwork itself;
- use the artwork to promote themselves;
- use the artwork as part of their YouTube channel and in other kinds of monetized videos as long as the artwork itself is not the main reason for the earnings.
The following is considered copyright infringement:
- reproducing/using the copyrighted artwork commercially (i.e., making money off it);
- claiming the artwork as your own;
- removing my signature/watermark from the artwork;
- altering the artwork without my consent.
I reserve the full rights to the commissioned artwork and its use/distribution unless otherwise agreed upon.
I always do everything I can to make my customers happy!
If you have a problem with anything in regards to the commissioned piece please tell me ASAP so we can figure out a solution together.
I am willing to change some of my terms for you if you ask before I start working on your commission. If you, for example, don’t want me to post your art anywhere, we can discuss it.
The buyer may cancel their commission order anytime for any reason.
However, the buyer is only eligible for a refund in the following scenarios:
- I do not finish your commission by the deadline I have given you, not including the time it might take for you to approve of the finished piece or to make revisions that might be required afterwards;
- I am unable to start working on or finish your commission for any reason;
- you cancel your order before I’ve started working on it.
If you have a problem with any of these statements, they may be changed if discussed with me prior to paying for your commission.
Approval requests of certain stages, such as the sketch and the flat color stage, before I can continue working on your commission.
Full-resolution file (2,000 x 3,000 px at 300 DPI) as a PNG (no background) and a JPG (simple/complex background) unless agreed upon otherwise.
I only accept classic commission orders via the order form on my Commissions page.
For other business arrangements that cannot be ordered this way due to the difference in work type and scope, please contact me via the details on my Contact page.
You can expect me to get back to you with the final quote for your ordered commission and/or further questions within 2 working days.
Allowed Content Requests
- All Genders
- All Races
- Softcore BDSM
- NSFW of Underage Characters
- Body Inflation
- Unhealthy Body Types (e.g., Morbid Obesity and Emaciation)
- Macro Body Parts
- Muscle-Bound Characters
- Change of Race, Body Type, and/or Gender of Unowned Characters
- Hate Symbols
- Hardcore BDSM